Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thoughts on July 4th

So today is the 5th of July and everyone was out celebrating the founding of our country yesterday by hanging out with friends, grilling lots of meat, and watching things explode into sparks in the air. While we went outside and watched the show for a while, I got a little tired of all the loud noises, and I was worried about my cat. I guess it's normal for pets to be scared by loud sounds, but our cat was huddled under the bed for hours and would not come out, not even to eat. I felt really bad. We finally closed the windows even though it was super hot and tried to muffle the sound by turning on a fan.

Plus while we were outside we saw a little dog running free by the side of the road, and my heart sank not knowing if it was lost or had escaped and worried it would be hit. We watched as she turned into a residential area and I can only hope she was heading home.

So today I took a few minutes and looked up some web sites that talk about how to deal with pets on the 4th. Here are some that I found. If you have this issue too then you might find these useful.

http://www.foundanimals.org/blog/fireworks-dog-cat-safety


http://positively.com/2011/07/01/dealing-with-fireworks-anxiety/

2 comments:

  1. So lovely!

    You've got a really cute blog, maybe you'd like to follow each other?

    >FASHIONWHIT<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets really don't like the noise, can't blame them either, it really does sound alot like a gunshot!

    Thanks for your visit today at Ascending Butterfly!

    ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete