Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Check out the bag it forward campaign by elmer's: http://bagitforward.org/donate-a-bag/
This Back to School season, Elmer’s is celebrating it’s every day low pricing on back to school supplies at Walmart by partnering with Adopt-A-Classroom to help make a difference in classrooms across the country.
Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom with your participation. Join now!
The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward is charity blog meme, bloggers are able to raise $10 per blog post for Adopt-A-Classroom by writing a blog post or Facebook note and donating a virtual bag of school supplies . Elmer’s will donate $10 per each post written for Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post or Facebook note with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom.
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 11:59 PM EST on September 10, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text into your blog post:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post or Facebook note.
- Create a post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by September 10,2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.
I want to donate a bag to mamanista.com: http://www.mamanista.com/2010/09/want-to-win-a-new-computer-and-help-classrooms-across-the-nation.html
Her post about donating a virtual bag led me to this post!
Here's a bag:
It's for a great cause! You should do it too!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Thanks for everyone who participated!
This morning we were driving around town looking for some labor day yard sales. We didn't have much luck. Who wouldn't want to host a yard sale on labor day? In any case, one thing we were looking for was a small piece of furniture for storage, something normal-looking like a coffee table but with a hidden compartment. Like I said we didn't find much, but you might be able to find something similar if you enter and win the contest I'm sponsoring here with CSN stores! One of their shops, allcoffeetables.com, has tons of stuff to help organize your home. And if you're not in the market for coffee tables, they have tons of other stores that sell school supplies, cookware, health equipment, even stuff for your cats and dogs!
Allcoffeetables.com has a whole section dedicated to storage tables, where I saw sweet options like this one:
It's called the New Spec Cota-18 coffee table with storage in walnut and it has the coolest hinging top that opens to show what you stored inside! I love it!
You can enter to win a $35 gift certificate to ANY of CSN's 200+ stores by leaving a comment on this blog post that answers the question:
what would you hide in your storage coffee table?
For an extra entry, follow my blog on google friend connect and leave a second comment telling me that you do.
I will accept entries until midnight EST Friday, September 17th, 2010.
This contest is open to residents of the USA and Canada, but note that Canadian residents may have to pay for shipping if they win.