Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What I am thankful for

  • that the presidential election is over so I can go back to reading Facebook and watching TV again
  • for my health
  • for my family 
  • for my family's health
  • for my beautiful cats
  • for our warm, safe home
  • for a job that I only sort of hate
  • for free time
  • for looking at the moon at night
  • for sunsets
  • for rainbows and beautiful clouds
  • for the ocean
  • for afternoon naps
  • for chocolate and coffee and wine and other food that makes life worth living
  • for my partner, my love
  • for my own experience, bravery, and self-forgiveness
  • for freedom--of speech, religion, to disagree, to love, to move, to pursue my own goalds
  • for books, magazines, and literature
  • for pillow-top mattresses
  • for warm socks and gloves
  • for a working automobile
  • for a public transit system for when my automobile is not working
  • for old friends who know me too well
  • for new friends who are still getting to know me
  • for all the mistakes I have made that taught me all I now know
  • for the smell of summer rain
  • for the first snow of winter
  • for the first sunburn of summer
  • for getting a really good fortune in your fortune cookie
  • for when strangers smile at you for no reason
  • for safe and courteous drivers
  • for waiters and waitresses who make dining out a indulgent experience
  • for the people who pick up my garbage, keep my electricity on, pave my roads and fix my bridges, keep the water and air clean, for the people who keep streets safe and put out fires, who do all of the things I am privileged enough to take for granted, so much that I probably don't even know to include them in this list right now
  • for the sense enough to know that I should be grateful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment