Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Speaking of Boots...

Speaking of Boots:






Let me highlight a few of the picks from my "boots I want" Pinterest board.

First, let's take these blood red babies up here.  These are gorgeous. Not only is it great that the color is something other than the basic black or brown, but it's also a color that still goes with most anything, so you're not limiting yourself by choosing it.  More, you can take a look at the shoe close up and see the detail.  The sole and heel have this cool cobblestone-looking pattern which adds a little rustic flair. Also I love the curved backwards "S" shape going up the side of the boot. For someone who is "S" shaped herself, this seems like a good match. 

Another unusual boot: check out this pair made of wool with leather straps:




First of all I don't know what the big white bowl in the background is supposed to be, so let's just ignore that.  These are the coolest-- the look hand-made (they might actually be) and totally rustic.  These are unique and unusual. They have the high-top warmth -- and in wool!--as well as the durability of leather. Plus, they have a bit of the gladiator fashion going for them, too.  I was never big on the gladiator sandal thing in part because it looked like the straps dug into my leg skin-- yuk. Here the wool is in the way, so I don't have that problem.
No, you probably couldn't take these out in rain or snow without them getting wet.  But aren't they cool?

OK, those are my top two.  Do you have a boot that you are drooling over, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment